Try our monthly quiz. Fifteen questions to exercise those little grey cells.
In this month's quiz we pose fifteen jazz-related questions asking you 'who?'.
How many can you answer?
Give yourself one extra point if you are able to identify who composed the 1925 song Who? Jerome Kern and, Otto Harbach and Oscar Hammerstein II or Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein II?
'Who, stole my heart away
Who, makes me dream all day
Dreams I know can never come true
Seems as though I'll ever be blue
A link to the answers is at the bottom of the page.
Don't forget to check your score.
In which year did these events take place?
1. Who is ' .. perfection, goodness knows'?
2. Who shouted 'Oh, play that thing!' on King Oliver's 1923 recording of Dippermouth Blues?
3. Who was the bass player who founded the former Bass Clef Club in Hoxton, London?
4. Who has been called 'The Founding Father of British Blues' and formed the band 'Blues Incorporated'?
5. Who has '... Dixie eyes blazing ..'?
6. Who was the composer of the tune Scrapple From The Apple'?
7. Who was given the nickname "cannonball" (i.e., "cannibal") by his schoolmates because of his voracious appetite?
8. Who was the trumpet playing brother of Scottish clarinettist Archie Semple?
9. Who was the Australian pianist and bandleader who came to the UK in 1948 and opened the Leicester Square Jazz Club?
10. Who was the cornettist and de-facto leader of the Original Dixieland Jazz Band?
11. Who '... regrets she's unable to lunch today ...'?
12. According to the tune, who 'leapt in'?
13. Who was the leader of the band at the Cafe de Paris in London of which many were killed in a bomb raid during World War II?
14. Who was the pop music producer of the Humphrey Lyttelton hit record 'Bad Penny Blues'? (He also wrote and produced The Tornados' instrumental Telstar which became the first record by a British rock group to reach number one in the US Hot 100)
15. Who, according to Billie Holiday and Arthur Herzog, does God bless?